Pages

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving 2013!

Here is what I am having today.

Appetizers -      mixed nuts
Main -               mixed lettuce greens with dried cranberries
                          Rock Cornish Hens
                          Stuffing with onions and water chestnuts
                          garlic mashed potatoes
                          peas (my favorite veggie after potatoes)
                          Cornbread

Dessert -            My favorite dessert is apple pie but since it will only be me, I'm not going to make a full pie.  Instead I think I will make peanut butter cookies.  They freeze well so I can just have one or two if I wish.  They also are in memory of my oldest brother Tony (aka Santa) who loved peanut butter cookies.  They were his favorite and since Christmas time is right behind Thanksgiving, it will be a nice move into that.  :)

I think I'm full just reading about what I will be making!  LOL.  I will be posting up a couple more recipes for you.  All from the Aldi's test kitchen.  They sound like good holiday ones.

I hope everybody has a safe and wonderful holiday.



No comments: